6/08/2010

Love Life Into Everyone

Loving someone can do alot of things. As we know, love can be difficult sometimes. When it comes to 'loving life' into someone, this is when it requires us to get some dirt underneath our fingernails.

As a Christian myself, I know Jesus died for me because He loved me. I know that, through His death, I was given life. However, when it comes to me loving, most of the time, that's where it stops. I'm prepared to love someone for a moment, to do something randomly, to do an act of kindness that other's notice, but that's literally it! Nothing else is achieved apart from an act of love. Is it?

Surely love deserves to give more than a moment's peace, pleasure or hope? I think, when Jesus died on that brutal cross, He didn't intend, for us all to accept it and say 'aww thats nice'. No, I'm sure He didn't.

Jesus' act, I'm sure, intended us to accept the act of extreme love, but to recieve life too!

How often when we love do we breathe life into others? Why do we love them, should be our first question. If it's because we should, then we've lost the plot. But if it's because Jesus does, then we're got to move on from just loving them, but to breathe life in them.

Everyone deserves to be loved, and everyone deserves life. The two go hand in hand. I read somewhere once, those that love alot, and give alot, enjoy life alot more, than those who just recieve.

We've got to prove its Jesus that gives life. To prove it, love and breathe life into the weary, lost and broken! Jesus did for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment